The 21st match of the HBL Pakistan Super League (PSL) seventh edition 2022 will be played at Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore between Islamabad United and Karachi Kings.
Karachi Kings team: Babar Azam (c), Sharjeel Khan, Joe Clarke, Jordan Thompson, Mohammad Nabi, Sahibzada Farhan, Qasim Akram, Imad Wasim, Chris Jordan, Umaid Asif, Mir Hamza.
Islamabad United team: Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Alex Hales, Muhammad Akhlaq, Shadab Khan(c), Asif Ali, Azam Khan(w), Hasan Ali, Liam Dawson, Faheem Ashraf, Waqas Maqsood, Zeeshan Zameer.
PSL points table 2022
PSL 7 Points Table 2022 Criteria
The format for PSL 7 will be double round-robin. Each team will compete against the other teams twice in the group stage. The tournament’s top four teams will advance to the playoffs. The tournament’s rules and regulations are in line with those of the International Cricket Council (ICC).
The PSL Points Table 2022 uses the same points system as previous seasons and any other ICC-approved franchise T20 league. After 10 matches, the rankings will be based on the total amount of points earned in the group stage. After that, the top four PSL teams will compete in the next round. Two points will be awarded for a win; one point will be awarded for a tie, and no points will be awarded for a loss. A super over will be played if a game ends in a tie.
The following criteria will determine the ranking of the teams in the group stages:
- At the end of the group stage, the team with the most points will take first place.
- If both teams have the same number of points, the team with the higher net run rate will win.
- If the points and the net run rate are both the same. The team with the most wins in the group stage will advance to the next round.
- If all of the above conditions are equal, the team with the fewest losses will finish higher in the standings.
- Assuming that all of the requirements remain the same. The league position will be determined by the outcome of the head-to-head match between the two teams.