Multan Sultans defeated Islamabad United by 20 runs to win their fourth consecutive match in Pakistan Super League (PSL) 7. Multan’s lead at the top of the PSL points table grew to four wins from four matches, while Islamabad remained in second place despite losing the match.
Multan Sultans hammered the Islamabad bowling unit all over the field, scoring the highest total in the PSL this season. Tim David and Rilee Rossouw both hit half-centuries on their way to a total of 217/5. Rossouw scored 67 off 35 balls, while David scored 71 off 29 balls.
Here’s the updated PSL 7 points table:
|Team||Matches||Won||Lost||N/R||Points||Net Run Rate|
Islamabad retaliated with a few punches of its own. Islamabad United was unable to complete a historic run chase despite captain Shadab Khan’s outstanding batting performance of 91 off 42 balls. Khushdil Shah was the bowler of choice, taking four wickets for 35 runs.
- Rossouw, David Show Trumps Shadab’s Fireworks to Keep Multan Undefeated
- Shahnawaz Dahani Reveals Why He’s Called ‘Foreign Minister of Pakistan’ [Video]
- Afghan batsman Hazratullah Zazai recovers from Covid, will play for Zalmi
- Shahid Afridi tests negative for Covid-19
- Here’s When Quetta Gladiators’ Platinum Superstars Will Join the Team