Shahid Afridi has revealed his plans to work with the Quetta Gladiators to help Pakistani cricket thrive and progress. Even after his retirement, the star all-rounder wants to stay involved with the franchise, paving the way for young talent to rise through the ranks.
Shahid Afridi described his new franchise’s presence in Quetta Gladiators as “amazing.” Shahid Afridi stated that he has played for practically every team in the Pakistan Super League, but the Quetta Gladiators have a special place in his heart because of his close relationship with owner Nadeem Omer.
The veteran leg-spinner further revealed that he promised Nadeem Omer that he would join the Quetta Gladiators and that he would continue to serve cricket alongside the team’s owner.
Shahid Afridi emphasized his desire to pave the way for new players by allowing them to display their abilities. Nadeem Omer, the owner of the Quetta Gladiators, praised the great cricketer, describing him as a “natural Gladiator.”
In the seventh season of the Pakistan Super League, Shahid Afridi will make his debut for the Quetta Gladiators. However, after testing positive for COVID-19, he is temporarily unavailable to the team.
- Shoaib Malik Clinches a Narrow Win for Peshawar in Thrilling PSL Classico
- Pakistan Super League (PSL) 7 Points Table 2022 (Latest Updated)
- Here’s How Much Money PCB Spent on PSL 2022 Opening Ceremony
- PSL 7 Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi is always ‘nail-biting’, says Sarfaraz Ahmed
- PSL 7 Schedule of Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar, Islamabad, Quetta & Multan