WhatsApp is a global instant messaging service with over five billion users that share texts, images, videos, audio, and gifs on a regular basis. These multimedia files are automatically stored on your phone, therefore we’ll show you how to figure out which chat takes up the most storage space in the app today.
You’ve probably visited the image gallery on your Android or iOS phone, where you’ve come across photos or movies that you’ve never downloaded yet recall seeing on WhatsApp. This is due to the fact that the aforementioned application stores any multimedia file that is provided to you automatically.
It’s important to note that text messages aren’t as heavy as photos, audio, or videos. This means that if you have one contact with whom you share one of these last elements on a regular basis, and another with whom you only communicate tomorrow, afternoon, and evening, the first conversation will weigh significantly more than the second.
How to know what is the heaviest chat on WhatsApp
- First, make sure WhatsApp do not have pending updates in the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Now, open the application and enter the ‘Settings’, you do it by tapping on the icon of the three vertical dots located in the upper right.
- Here go to ‘Storage and data’> ‘Manage storage’.
- At the top you can see how much storage space your entire account occupies WhatsApp.
- By scrolling down the space bar, the chats where you have sent or received multimedia files will appear.
- The first on the list is the chat that takes up the most space, even on the right you get the total weight in Kilobytes (KB), Megabytes (MB) or Gigabytes (GB).
- New WHATSAPP TRICKS
- WhatsApp removes the mysterious shortcut
- 3 WhatsApp tricks that will take your SMS to the next level
- WhatsApp now lets you set all chats to disappear by default
How to delete all photos, audio videos, and gifs from a chat
- In section ‘Manage storage’ go to the section where all the chats are located.
- Press on the one you want to delete all multimedia files.
- To perform a massive deletion, tap on the ‘Select all’ option and then click on the trash can icon, it is located in the upper right.
- Finally, close and reopen WhatsApp, enter the chat where you deleted everything and the images will now be displayed out of focus, it means that to see them again you will have to download them.
Have you run into any issues using WhatsApp? Is it necessary for you to report it? If you encounter any problems, please contact them by email at smb [email protected] or android [email protected] You can also use the exclusive iOS service to make the same request from your iPhone.
WhatsApp testing new camera interface
WhatsApp has been discovered testing a new camera interface for Android devices that features a fully overhauled layout for the Flash shortcut and Switch Camera button.
WABetaInfo, a site that follows new features on the messaging network, detected the newly designed camera interface for WhatsApp on Android. The new camera interface on WhatsApp was originally noticed on Android beta version 220.127.116.11, according to the tracker. The new experience, however, is not currently available to beta testers and appears to be part of the company’s internal testing.
The Flash shortcut has been moved to the top-right corner from the bottom left, and the Switch Camera button has been given a circular shadow, according to a screenshot shared on WhatsApp by WABetaInfo. The new in-app camera interface for the messaging app replaces the Flash shortcut and allows users to retrieve their recent photographs from the bottom-left corner.
It’s unclear when we’ll see the new camera on WhatsApp because it’s still being tested internally, and WhatsApp is renowned for scrapping features totally and never releasing them beyond the testing phase.
Furthermore, the messaging platform is also working on allowing group admins to delete messages for everyone within a group.–theclevelandamerican.com/incpak.com