Karachi Kings management stated on Friday that Usman Shinwari, a left-arm fast bowler, has been selected as a substitute for youthful pacer Mohammad Ilyas.
“The Karachi Kings have activated Usman Shinwari from their reserve pool of players, and he will be available for selection in tonight’s encounter if the team wants to include him in the playing XI,” the franchise stated in a statement.
“The team had requested a replacement from PSL Player Management, and the request was approved earlier today,” the statement continued.
After suffering a shoulder injury in a match against Lahore Qalandars on January 30, the 22-year-old Ilyas was ruled out for the duration of PSL 7. Despite the injury, the fast bowler returned to the field and bowled his last two overs after receiving immediate treatment.
Meanwhile, Mohammad Amir, Karachi’s ace fast bowler, has been ruled out of the tournament. While Ilyas played in the first three games for Karachi, Amir has yet to appear in a single PSL 7 encounter.
“Mohammad Amir, who has been nursing a side strain for the past week or so, has worsened his back injury throughout the rehabilitation process and will not be available for the remainder of the season,” according to a franchise statement.
- Peshawar Zalmi Drops Its Second Anthem of PSL 7
- PSL 7 Points table 2022 – PSL 2022 Points table (Pakistan Super League)
- Here are the Top 5 Batsmen in Powerplay in PSL History
- PSL 7 With an incredible catch, Shaheen Afridi creates a ruckus on Twitter
- PSL 2022 Karachi Kings to make a strong comeback, believes Imad Wasim