Vivo Y76s 5G Specifications
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 810 5G
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali G57 MC2
- OS: Android 11, OriginOS 1.0
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE, 5G
- 6.58″ IPS LCD with 1080 x 2408 pixels resolution; 180Hz touch sampling, 400 PPI
- RAM: 8GB virtually expandable
- Internal: 128GB, 256GB
- Card slot: yes
- Rear (Dual): 50 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Front: 8MP
- Colors: White, Black, Blue
- Fingerprint sensor: Side-mounted
- Battery: 4,100 mAh, 44W fast charging
- Price: $280
Vivo is adding S variants to its mid-range phones, and the Y76s 5G is the latest to join the competition. The news comes just a few days after Vivo debuted the Y15s, another S variant.
With a waterdrop notch selfie camera and a large bottom bezel, the Y76s has a retro cheap phone design. This sits on top of a 6.58-inch LCD with a resolution of 1080p and a refresh rate of only 60Hz. For a rapid touch response, you receive a 180Hz touch sampling rate.
The fingerprint sensor is on the side, and there is a small roughness to the back surface.
Internals and Storage
On the inside, you’ll find the Dimenisty 810 SoC, which comes with 8GB of RAM that can be practically expanded up to 4GB. You can choose between 128GB and 256GB of storage, with a micro SD card allowing you to expand capacity up to 1TB.
Android 11 is at the forefront of the software stack, with Vivo’s OriginOS 1.0 layered on top.
Around the back, there are only two cameras: a 50MP wide-angle primary camera and a 2MP macro camera for close-up images. Unfortunately, video recording is limited to 1080p at 30 frames per second.
An 8MP wide-angle selfie camera is located in the waterdrop notch.
The 4,100 mAh battery is a little low by today’s standards, however, the charging brick provided in the box allows for 44W rapid charging.
The Vivo Y76s is currently only available in China for $280. There is no indication yet on when the game will be released internationally.