Former Pakistan captain and coach Misbah-ul-Haq described why he promoted Mohammad Rizwan to the top of the batting order and chose him to open the innings with Babar Azam.
Rizwan was a success not only on the international scene, but he also guided Multan Sultans to their first-ever Pakistan Super League (PSL) title in 2021.
Rizwan’s PSL 7 season is off to a great start, with Multan winning all four matches so far.
Misbah explained why Rizwan will start at the top of the order in the International Cricket Council (ICC) Men’s T20 World Cup 2021 in an interview.
“Rizwan has a quick first step, is strong on the back foot, and pulls and cuts efficiently. Misbah explained, “His ability to time the ball early in the innings rather than hitting the ball hard gives him a very excellent candidate for opening the innings.”
Misbah continued, “He is good with his feet, he sweeps effectively, and he has those cheeky shoots that make him more dangerous in the powerplay.”
“His dashing between the wickets is unsurpassed,” Misbah remarked of Rizwan’s outspoken demeanor. “The most important thing is that he enjoys a challenge.”
After being promoted to the top of the batting order, Mohammad Rizwan had a tremendous 2021 season. Rizwan batted 134.89 and averaged 73.66 runs in 29 games. He was also named the T20I Player of the Year for men.
- Rossouw, David Show Trumps Shadab’s Fireworks to Keep Multan Undefeated
- Shahnawaz Dahani Reveals Why He’s Called ‘Foreign Minister of Pakistan’ [Video]
- Afghan batsman Hazratullah Zazai recovers from Covid, will play for Zalmi
- Shahid Afridi tests negative for Covid-19
- Here’s When Quetta Gladiators’ Platinum Superstars Will Join the Team