On Monday at the National Stadium in Karachi, Jason Roy led the Quetta Gladiators to a 7-wicket victory over the Lahore Qalandars.
Roy hammered 19 boundaries, including 11 fours and eight sixes, in a destructive performance in which he scored 116 runs off just 57 balls.
Not only did the Gladiators batter become a social media sensation, but he was also praised by fans, past players, and cricket experts.
“In the past seven seasons in the PSL, I’ve seen some incredible innings, but nothing compares to what @JasonRoy20 gave for us tonight!” Shahid Afridi, a renowned all-rounder, posted on Twitter.
The winning captain, Sarfaraz Ahmed, commended Jason Roy’s outstanding performance and added that the Lahore-leg matches are vital for all teams.
For his outstanding performance, Roy was named Man of the Match.
- Smith, Warner, Starc All in as Australia Announces Squad for Pakistan Tour
- Ramiz Raja Fulfils Promise to Young Fan Whose Video Went Viral
- Here’s Pakistan’s Complete T20 World Cup 2022 Schedule as Ticket Go on Sale
- Babar Azam ‘Hurts’ Opposition Like Muhammad Ali Sir Viv Richards
- Paul Stirling Leaves Islamabad United for Business End of PSL 2022