Wahab Riaz, the captain of Peshawar Zalmi, and Kamran Akmal, the veteran wicket-keeper batter, have fully recovered from Covid-19 and have returned to the Zalmi camp ahead of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2022’s second match.
Following their negative Covid-19 tests a few days ago, both players were allowed to practice with the squad. Initially, both players, as well as explosive opening batter Hazratullah Zazai, tested positive for Covid-19 ahead of the commencement of the PSL, and as a result, Zalmi missed his first match of the season on Friday night against Quetta Gladiators.
In the absence of Wahab Riaz, veteran all-rounder Shoaib Malik was elected captain while promising English hitter Tom Kohler-Cadmore took up the wicket-keeping duties from Kamran Akmal. Peshawar did not lose a beat despite the absence of two senior players, masterfully chasing down a target of 191 to win their first match of the major tournament.
Wahab and Kamran are set to play in Zalmi’s next PSL match against Islamabad United on January 30. While Kamran’s skills were not severely missed in Peshawar, the bowling unit lacked Wahab’s punch.
- Gladiators and Kings Look to Bounce Back After Disappointing Losses
- Shahid Afridi Reveals His Future Plans With Quetta Gladiators
- Shoaib Malik Clinches a Narrow Win for Peshawar in Thrilling PSL Classico
- Pakistan Super League (PSL) 7 Points Table 2022 (Latest Updated)
- Here’s How Much Money PCB Spent on PSL 2022 Opening Ceremony