The Covid-19 has been detected in four Indian cricketers and three support staff members ahead of the home series against the West Indies, which begins on February 6, according to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
Three One Day Internationals will be played in Ahemadabad, followed by three Twenty20 Internationals in Kolkata.
In a statement, BCCI secretary Jay Shah said, “The BCCI Medical team is handling the positive cases, and they will stay in isolation until complete recovery is achieved.”
Shikhar Dhawan, Ruturaj Gaikwad, and Shreyas Iyer, as well as three members of the sporting staff, were all found to be positive.
Mayank Agarwal, a right-handed opener, has been called up to the team.
The matches in Ahmedabad will be played behind closed doors because of the pandemic, while the Eden Gardens venue in Kolkata will be at 75 percent capacity.
- PSL 7 Points table 2022 – PSL 2022 Points table (Pakistan Super League)
- Ramiz Raja Responds to Viral Video of a Disappointed Young Fan
- ‘After the match, I was crying and so was Shaheen’, says Hasan Ali
- PSL 7 Peshawar Zalmi opts to field against Lahore Qalandars | PZ vs LQ
- Misbah-ul-Haq explains why he picked Mohammad Rizwan to open in T20s