Cryptic tweets from Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Ramiz Raja and key sponsor of the Pakistan Super League (PSL), HBL, about the PSL drove cricket fans across the country into a frenzy, believing that the ongoing seventh edition of the tournament would be called off.
The two parties’ tweets suggested that something good was coming to an end and that the PSL would not be the same this year.
The underlying narrative behind the tweets, however, has nothing to do with the tournament’s destiny.
The tweets, according to sources, are about HBL’s popular YouTube show ‘Jahan Fans Wahan Stadium,’ which featured Ramiz Raja and Zainab Abbas as hosts and two Pakistani cricketers as guests. The show has developed a cult following, with cricket fans around the country enjoying amusing portions featuring their favorite players.
Following his appointment as the PCB chairman a few months ago, Ramiz is no longer able to host the show or engage in any other commercial activity. Since his hiring, the former World Cup winner has also vacated the commentary box.
It’s still unknown whether the show will be canceled entirely or will continue with Ramiz Raja as the host.
- PSL 7 Lahore Qalandars opts to bowl first against Karachi Kings | KK vs LQ
- PSL 7 Erin Holland wishes ‘Happy Birthday’ to Ben Cutting, watch
- Hales-Sterling Show Trumps Rutherford’s Masterclass to Hand United a Big Win
- Updated PSL 2022 Points Table After Islamabad’s Big Win Over Peshawar
- Peshawar Zalmi Vs Islamabad United | | Live Score Updates | Live Streaming | PS Vs IU