Hazratullah Zazai, Peshawar Zalmi’s top opening batter, has fully recovered from COVID-19 and is fit for selection in Peshawar’s upcoming PSL 7 encounter. On February 2, Zalmi will meet Lahore Qalandars in their third match of the season.
Zalmi announced that Zazai has rejoined the team and will participate in today’s training session. Zazai’s inclusion at the top of the batting order would provide Peshawar Zalmi a much-needed boost after they battled for runs against Islamabad United in their previous match. Tom Kohler-Cadmore and Yasir Khan, the openers, have done a good job thus far, but they haven’t been able to give Zalmi a strong start.
In other news, Zalmi has confirmed that their famous English bowler, Saqib Mahmood, will arrive in Karachi tomorrow. Due to foreign obligations, Mahmood was unable to play in the first two matches of the tournament. After completing his necessary quarantine, Mahmood is expected to be completely ready for the remainder of the competition.
Liam Livingstone, Zalmi’s third-star foreign player, is also slated to join the squad soon. Livingstone is still awaiting confirmation of his flight, according to reports. His arrival will be announced as soon as possible.
Peshawar Zalmi is currently in fifth place in the PSL standings. They defeated Quetta Gladiators by 5 wickets in their first match, completing an amazing run chase. However, they were defeated by Islamabad United by 9 wickets in their next match.
- Red Hot Islamabad United to Take on Undefeated Multan Sultans Tonight
- Islamabad vs Multan Live Streaming Timings & Where to Watch Today’s PSL Match
- ‘All Good Things Come to an End’ Ramiz Raja & HBL Post Mystery Tweets on PSL 7
- Here’s the Real Story Behind Ramiz and HBL’s Cryptic Tweets
- PSL 7 Lahore Qalandars opts to bowl first against Karachi Kings | KK vs LQ